Service. Action. Connection. Making a Difference for Duvall and Carnation.
Welcome to the Rotary Club of Duvall (and Carnation)! We are a local chapter of the Rotary International service organization, where neighbors, friends, and problem-solvers share ideas, join leaders, and take action to create lasting change. Most proceeds from Rotary Club of Duvall fundraisers go to support local activities (such as books for first graders and high school student scholarships) as well as area nonprofits including the Sno-Valley Senior Center and Empower Youth.
The Rotary Club of Duvall leads several fundraisers throughout the year including the “Duvall has Heart” program and the Beer Gardens during Duvall Days and SummerStage.
MISSION of ROTARY CLUB OF DUVALL
Providing humanitarian, civic and education contributions to the local, regional and international communities, charities and programs served by Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Duvall in the spirit of “Service Above Self”
“My hope, as President of the Rotary Club of Duvall, is to maintain the high standards set by my predecessors in that office.
My focus is to make our Club relevant to our Community, support our youth and add new, high-quality members.”
Jerry Sprute, President, Rotary Club of Duvall 2023-2024
“Duvall Has Heart”
The Rotary Club of Duvall sells heart signs with customized messages (limited to 25 characters including spaces and special characters) which are hung on light poles in downtown Duvall and Carnation in February. Sales of the personalized hearts will begin in December.
- an organization of individuals united worldwide who provide community service, encourage high ethical standards and help build goodwill
- a caring organization that promotes humanitarian, educational, and cultural programs that touch people’s lives
- an organization that provides over $77 million annually for international projects that improve the quality of life for millions of people
- an organization committed to eradicate polio worldwide
- a membership organization with the opportunity to visit any of the 31,314 Rotary Club’s worldwide
“We are neighbors, community leaders, and global citizens uniting for the common good.
With you, we can accomplish even more!”
Our “4-Way Test”
From the earliest days of the organization, Rotarians were concerned with promoting high ethical standards in their professional lives. One of the world’s most widely printed and quoted statements of business ethics is The Four-Way Test, which was created in 1932 by Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor (who later served as RI president) when he was asked to take charge of a company that was facing bankruptcy.
This 24-word test for employees to follow in their business and professional lives became the guide for sales, production, advertising, and all relations with dealers and customers, and the survival of the company is credited to this simple philosophy. Adopted by Rotary in 1943, The Four-Way Test has been translated into more than a hundred languages and published in thousands of ways.
WHERE WE GIVE
RECURRING COMMUNITY PROJECTS
The Rotary Club of Duvall awarded $28,380 in community grants and scholarships during the 2022-2023 Rotary year including grants to these local organizations:
- Acres of Diamonds
- Cascade Performing Arts
- DECA Valley Open Pickleball
- Duvall Days Festival
- Duvall Historical Society
- Empower Youth Network
- Forgotten Children’s Fund
- Holy Innocents Food Pantry
- Northwest Arts Center
- Oxbow Farm
- SnoValley Tilth Experience Farming Project
- Sno-Valley Senior Center
- Valley Community Broadcasting
In addition, the Rotary Club of Duvall provides awards and scholarships to local high school students.
For more information on grant process, visit www.duvallrotary.org
- Books for First-graders – deliver to each first-grade student in the district
- Veteran’s Day Breakfast – serve meal to veterans at the Sno-Valley Senior Center
- Holiday Heifer – take pictures of children with young calf
- Soldier Care Packages – send holiday gift packages to soldiers
- Duvall Days – organize parade
- Student of the Month – recognize local high school student each month
In addition, the Rotary Club of Duvall supports Rotary International’s mission to eradicate polio worldwide.
Rotary Foundation of Duvall A 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization
The ROTARY FOUNDATION OF DUVALL, a component of Rotary Club of Duvall, awards grants to nonprofit organizations using funds raised by the Club. Applicants must meet the criteria stated in the application packet available.
VISIT OUR MEETINGS
Explore Our Award Winning Rotary Club!
Come hang out with us and enjoy fellowship, food, fun and guest speakers! We meet most Wednesday mornings 7:15-8:30am at the Riverview School District
15510 – 1st Ave. NE, Duvall, WA 98019
SPECIAL EVENING SOCIAL MEETINGS!
Every third Wednesday of the month 6-7:30pm at a different, special location!